The project intends to introduce an innovative Educational Model based on the principle of Affective Education, shared at transnational level, which improves the pedagogical practices used in EU countries.
Introduction to the Project Outputs
The project intends to introduce an innovative Educational Model based on the principle of Affective Education, shared at transnational level, which improves the pedagogical practices used in EU countries, by producing a renewal of the existing Educational Systems related to the spectrum 0-10 years (from Preschool to Primary School) and supporting the pedagogic continuity in all the first educative stages.
The innovative Model, to be tested and validated during the project, will be based on the conceptual and theoretical principles defined within the PF and fixed more in detail in the Curriculum, which represents the main results of the comparative survey carried out by all partners on the main educative approaches currently in use in their countries. It will be also structured on their mutual exchange of didactic experiences and pedagogical competences and know-how.
The most appreciable expected results produced by the project have to be connected to the Intellectual Outputs, such as:
- The PF, representing the logical frame derived from the comparative survey and the basis for the Curriculum development;
- The Curriculum for teaching staff, which represents the theoretical structure for the method’s development;
- The innovative educative practices provided by the model, its training materials and didactic tools developed within the project, which will be available as OER;
- The online platform, which allows to the partners and to all the other educational institutions, single teachers or professionals belonging to educative environment interested in, to freely access to the whole materials as OER.
The Intellectual Outputs can be considered as real transferable products, usable and freely accessible by all the potentially interested in, laying the foundation for project’s sustainability. However, the project provides also for intermediate specific expected results, which are required in order to achieve a proper IO implementation:
- A comparative analysis on educational approaches adopted in the partner countries for the PF development. Thanks to the survey upon existing EU educational approaches, partners can define a complete, integrated and shared frame of the main educative practices in use in the involved countries for the age-stages considered, highlighting its actual condition and its possible evolving leanings, including those related to the normatives and educational policies. In this way, they can check if and how an affective approach in the educational relationship is already adopted in some learning contexts. The research will also permit to identify teaching staff’s training needs related to the management of children’s most delicate transition stages, supporting the educative continuity at its first phases, and those for the management of complex or intercultural classrooms for better carrying out their professional assignments. With the survey partners will also try to highlight the reasons why/how the school may create conditions for exclusion since the beginning, producing the following ESL phenomenon (from the assessment of the admission rules until the stress evaluation, linking them with the percentage of certifications of students);
- A Teacher’s Manual for leading the teaching staff interested in adopting the innovative Model. This Manual can be considered a key annex of the Curriculum and it will provide all the practical instructions and rules for an accurate and effective use of the Model and its related training materials and didactic tools. The Manual will also supply useful innovative pedagogical strategies aimed to reduce teachers’ educative effort in their daily assignments;
- 6 transnational meetings in which the partners will organize/coordinate project’s steps, will plan jointly the different activities to carry out in each country and will evaluate the achievements of their own tasks and the project’s global results, gradually gained.
At last, the project plans to obtain results that can be classified as general expected results, because they belong to the wider context of EU Education Systems and to the transnational cooperation at EU level in the field of Education:
- Developing the quality/effectiveness of EU Education Systems thanks to a growing integration and cooperation among the institutions working in this area at EU level;
- Innovating the pedagogical approaches for Preschool and Primary School, in order to modernize their educative programs/ curricula and make them more inclusive/attractive, enhancing the quality of ECEC;
- Fostering the use of ICT-based sources and ICT tools in Education, thanks to the free access to the didactic materials, available as OER, which can be used by all the educational institutions or teaching staff interested in adopting the pedagogical materials developed within the project;
- The general improvement of the teaching professions providing for innovations in their pedagogical skills and enhancing their professional competences.